– An exemption exam will be held on 28.10.2022 for students who registered as DGS additional placement (transfer) for the common courses given at both Turkish and English medium departments at our university. The distribution of the exemption exams that can be taken according to departments and nationalities is as follows:
AİT100/101/102 (Cypriot and Turkish students)
TUR100/101/102(Cypriot and Turkish students) AİT100/101/102(Cypriot and Turkish students)
- Only the students who registered to Near East University with DGS additional placement (transfer) in the Fall Semester of the 2022-2023 Academic Year are eligible to sit for the exemption exam. The list of the students who enrolled at NEU with DGS additional placement is attached. Former registered students or the students who have already taken one of the mentioned courses in the previous semesters will not be considered as a candidate for the exam.
- For semesterly programs, the students who are successful in the exam will be exempt from both 101 and 102 courses at the same time. The letter grade for these courses will be assigned according to the exam score. The same letter grade will be assigned for both 101 and 102 in case of the semesterly programs. Once a student takes the exemption exam and receives a grade, it is not possible for that student to take any of the courses.
- The students will only be able to take the exemption exam once, and in case of failure, they need to take both 101 and 102 coded courses.
- The exam will cover all topics of 101 and 102 courses. The topics can be reviewed by enrolling on UZEBİM ‘s course platform (uzem.neu.edu.tr)and then to the relevant course.
- The exemption exam will be held in the PC laboratories at NEU. You can see your exam venues from the announcement section in your courses.
- The students need to have their ID / passport (including a recognizable photo of the test-taker) and university registration paper with them at the time of the exam. Those students who are not able to show a valid identification document and/or university registration paper will not be allowed to take the exam.